Our 2024 Group B Strep in Pregnancy & Babies virtual conference will be a must-attend event for anyone interested in group B Strep.
Group B Strep is the leading cause of severe infection in newborn babies in the UK. Our one-day virtual conference will bring together leading experts to talk about group B Strep, prevention policies, testing options, antibiotic usage, and the progress towards a GBS vaccine.
Who should register? Anyone with interest in group B Strep and maternity and neonatal care, including:
- Public Health Specialists
- All Health Professionals
- Clinical Negligence Specialists
- Other interested people
Watch this space!
We will soon be inviting submission of poster abstracts to be considered for presentation at our Group B Strep in Pregnancy & Babies Conference 2024.
The Steering Committee will consider abstracts on group B Strep from a scientific or healthcare perspective. Abstracts covering themes such as prevention, diagnosis, recognition and treatment, health systems research, sequelae and their management, pathogenesis, pathophysiology, epidemiology, health economics, disease burden, immunology, or microbiology will be considered.
Abstracts need to be submitted to one of the following categories:
3. Microbiology and testing
4. Clinical care
5. Advocacy and engagement
The abstracts should be written in English and the presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission.
- Professor Philip Steer FRCOG, Imperial College London (Chair)
- Dr Carol J Baker, McGovern Medical School, Houston, Texas
- Dr Alison Bedford Russell, Liverpool Neonatal Partnership
- Philippa Cox, London Maternity Clinical Network
- Dr Guduru Gopal Rao OBE, London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust
- Dr Kathryn Gutteridge, Freelance Consultant Midwife
- Diane Jones, North East London Integrated Care System and Clinical Commissioning Group
- Dr Sonali Kochhar, University of Washington Department of Global Health
- Dr Edward Morris CBE, NHS England
- Jane Plumb MBE, Group B Strep Support
By completing this form you are agreeing that GBSS can contact you in relation to Medical communications. This may include information about
- Research funding calls
- Our medical programme of events, including conferences, symposia and webinars
- Other GBSS research initiatives and campaigns
Buy your tickets
Watch this space!
If you are interested in sponsorship opportunities for this conference, please contact our Advocacy and Information Manager, Oliver Plumb at email@example.com or call him on 0330 120 0798.