A will is a good way to plan for the needs of your family and loved ones.
By leaving a gift in your will to Group B Strep Support, we can create a future supporting the families whose babies have been affected and work to eradicate group B Strep infection in babies.
For many people, leaving a bequest in their will is a natural way of continuing their support for a cause they have held dear during their lifetime.
By leaving a legacy to us, you can help to make sure that we can keep informing new and expectant parents about group B Strep, so babies don’t suffer avoidable group B Strep infections.
Our promise to you:
- We will respect your privacy. Your Will is completely personal to you
- We also realise that, rightly, your family and loved ones will come first
- You can tell us that you have left us a gift if you want to – but you don’t have to
- If you choose to tell us, we will give you the choice about how we communicate with you in the future about our work
- At any time in the future, you have the right to change your mind about a bequest in your Will
- We will use your legacy donation carefully and carefully so that it has the greatest impact
There are several different ways you can give a gift in your Will:
A share of your estate (known as a residuary gift)
This is the amount left when other gifts, debts and expenses have been paid. This means you can make sure your loved ones are looked after before making a gift to Group B Strep Support
A fixed sum of money (known as a pecuniary gift)
You may want to keep this updated in line with inflation to ensure it maintains its value.
A specific item of value (known as a specific gift)
For example: property, jewellery or shares.
A gift which is paid after someone else’s death (known as a reversionary gift)
A gift to someone else for their lifetime, which passes to Group B Strep Support after their death.
“My son died from group B Strep infection shortly after his birth. I have supported the charity ever since and know that my gift will help ensure the next generation of parents have all the information they need about group B Strep, and a great charity fighting their corner, just as I did.”Robert P
Got a question?
If you have any questions about leaving a gift to the charity in your will, please call Jane Plumb on 0330 120 0795, email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to her at the following address Group B Strep Support, P O Box 203, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH16 1GF.