Join us for our Big Give Woman and Girls Match Fund and your donation will be automatically doubled at no extra cost to you – helping us reach our target of £5,000 to expand the information and support we provide for women and families wanting to understand what group B Strep (GBS) is and does and to prevent more GBS infection in babies.
Together, we can make a difference
For one week only, all donations will be matched.
From 12pm (midday) on 11 October until 12pm (midday) on 18 October, all Big Give donations will be doubled to support our helpline and save babies’ lives by supporting and providing information to women so that they know how they can keep themselves and their babies safe.
Please note: Donations must be made through The Big Give’s website in order to be doubled in value – click on the FIND OUT MORE button below.
Donations made through our website donation page or through Facebook or other websites will not count towards The Big Give Women and Girls Match Fund.
“I cannot thank the GBSS staff enough for the amazing support and guidance they gave me when I was diagnosed with group B Strep. They supported me to help make the best decision for me and my unborn baby. This help has potentially been lifesaving.”debbie
This week, we’re aiming to raise £5,000 which will go towards our core work raising awareness and improving prevention of group B Strep infection. If we receive less funding we will need to reduce numbers supported. If we exceed the target we can reach more families & invest more time in reaching those women who require bespoke approaches & support to engage with our services.
This is a great opportunity for your donation to go twice as far for this one week at no extra cost to you – as every penny donated will be doubled. Together, we can empower women to understand what GBS means for them and their babies.
Together, we can provide support for families
Olympic sprinter Iwan Thomas MBE bravely shares how his son Teddy became poorly shortly after birth with group B Strep infection and how our helpline supported him. We need you to help us continue providing the support so many families need. Watch his video below.
With the money raised, we will:
- Ensure all women, especially vulnerable, disadvantaged or underrepresented women, receive the high-quality information and support they need about GBS via our helpline by phone, email and online. This includes supporting awareness campaigns.
- Develop information provided by the helpline and in our information materials to ensure they are relevant and accessible for all, including women from Black and minority ethnic, LGBTQ+ and disability communities. All staff will receive training on these helpline developments.
- To empower women to understand what GBS means for them and their babies; arming them with the information they need to make informed decisions about their and their baby’s care, enabling them to minimise the risk of GBS infection in their babies and reducing their anxiety and isolation.
- To engage in outreach work to target expectant/new mothers and birthing people from disadvantaged and under-reached backgrounds. We will work with other organisations to develop new materials and signpost women to our helpline, website, social media and peer-to-peer support groups.
- To expand our peer-to-peer support for women including a new monthly virtual forum, led by our trained and experienced staff, enabling women to share their lived experience and concerns about GBS in a safe space, helping to reduce feelings of isolation, loneliness and anxiety.
To find out more about The Big Give, click the button below or speak to one of our team today on:
0330 120 0795 or email firstname.lastname@example.org