By accepting a charity place from Group B Strep Support I agree that:
1. I understand that this event is organised by TCS London Marathon who is solely responsible for the conduct and operation of the event, including all health and safety requirements.
2. I understand that Group B Strep Support is not responsible for the event and accepts no liability whatsoever in relation to your participation in it.
3. I confirm that I will be at least 18 years of age at the date of the event and I hereby accept these terms and conditions.
Registration fees and sponsorship
4. I understand to secure a charity place I must complete and submit a Group B Strep Support form and pay a a non-refundable and non-transferable registration fee of £100 (including VAT).
5. I will pledge to raise a minimum of £2,500 excluding Gift Aid and registration fee and understand that it is the aim of this event is to raise as much above this amount as possible in aid of Group B Strep Support.
6. I understand upon receipt of my registration fee, Group B Strep Support will add my details to the official event registration console once it is available, details of which will be shared with me. It is my responsibility to complete the registration on the console within the timeframes set out by London Marathon Events Ltd.
7. I will will regularly pay all money collected to the charity by:
- Using a fundraising website such as JustGiving or Enthuse
- Sending cheques should be made payable to “Group B Strep Support” and sent to Group B Strep Support, PO Box 203, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH16 1GF
- Calling the Events Line on 0330 120 0795 to pay over the phone with my credit or debit card details.
8. Of the £2500 pledge, I will aim for 80% (£2000) to be paid to Group B Strep Support at least four weeks prior to the event date with the outstanding 20% (£500) to be paid by four weeks after the event date .
9. I understand the cost of my participation in the event is £444. My registration fee will be used to pay a part of these expenses and the balance will be made up from a portion of my sponsorship money. I must make it clear to my prospective sponsors that a part of my sponsorship money will be used as payment for my participation in the event.
10. I will comply with any fundraising guidance or advice issued by Group B Strep Support.
11. I will use Group B Strep Support’s fundraising materials to fundraise for this event and will return any unused materials on completion of the event.
12. I will only use lawful means to fundraise and will not do anything that is likely to harm Group B Strep Support’s reputation.
13. I will make donors aware of what happens to their donations if I fail to complete the event.
14. I will abide by the Code of Fundraising Practice issued by the Fundraising Regulator.
15. I will only use the ‘in aid of Group B Strep Support’ logo to create my own materials and will not use the Group B Strep Support logo in any other way.
Withdrawal from the event
16. I understand this charity place remains the property of Group B Strep Support. Group B Strep Support reserves the right to withdraw this charity place at any time.
17. Should I withdraw from the event I must inform Group B Strep Support immediately, otherwise I will be liable for all costs incurred in connection with my participation in the event (see point 9).
18. When my withdrawal is acknowledged I will not be liable to raise any further sponsorship. Sponsorship already paid to Group B Strep Support is refundable if requested by the donor, however the registration fee is non-refundable. Any sponsorship monies must be returned to the original donor/s or can be donated to Group B Strep Support with their permission. It is my responsibility to inform my donors of my change in circumstances and to establish if they would like a refund.
Personal data and images
19. I give permission for the free use of my first name, picture, image, feedback and comments in any future publicity, advertising, fundraising materials and/or promotion conducted by Group B Strep Support. If I have any concerns or do NOT wish to be part of these materials, I will contact a member of the events team prior to me taking part.