There are a small number of private medical clinics where you can go to be tested for group B Strep. These clinics will have staff who will take the swabs for you (or you can take them yourself) and will send you the results by post, email or text. Some may also call you with the result.
The charges at a private clinic will be higher than the cost of buying a home-testing test kit.
The private clinics that offer the group B Strep-specific test are:
- The Doctors Laboratory* (London) – 020 7307 7383 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Innermost Healthcare (Cardiff) – 0345 230 3386 / GBSS@innermostsecrets.com
- 3fivetwo (Belfast) – 0845 60 06 35 / email@example.com
- Brandwood Clinic (Solihull) – 0121 296 9280 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lanes Practice (Stoke Poges) – 01753 662244 / email@example.com
- The Scanning Room (Haywards Heath and Shoreham-by-Sea) – 07913 208149 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Preview Baby (Hitchin) – 01462 338100 / email@example.com
Group B Strep Support endorses the availability of sensitive prenatal GBS testing. We provide the name and contact information for private ECM test providers but do not have the resources to check their performance in terms of speed or accuracy. Please provide us with feedback on the services provided by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Testing is suggested in the last 5 weeks of pregnancy (for most women, 35-37 weeks of pregnancy) as it is very likely a positive or negative test result will still be accurate for when you go into labour.
If you have any questions about Group B Strep, please call our helpline
0330 120 0796
Or email us at email@example.com