The simplest way to get your fundraising up and running is through JustGiving.
Raising sponsorship online is the simplest way to fundraise for your event, as it removes the hassle of collecting monies from your sponsors before and after the event.
The money comes directly into Group B Strep Support bank account so you don’t need to worry about the logistics of collecting it together and getting it over to us.
The other main benefit is that your supporters can very easily Gift Aid their donations right away, giving us an additional 25% extra at no cost to themselves.
Five steps to fundraising success
- Visit justgiving.com/gbss
- Follow the instructions to create your page that will be linked to Group B Strep Support. Please note if you are taking part in an organised GBSS event please select Taking part in an event and then choose the organised event (Marathon in a Month for example).
- Share your page with friends via your social media sites or simply email friends with your JustGiving page name so they can donate to you online.
- Friends can also find your page by visiting our JustGiving Page and putting your name into the search tool.
- Sit back and watch the donations come in while you focus on your fundraising event or challenge!
Write an inspirational introduction to your fundraiser, whether it’s a bake sale, a coffee morning or a hike for charity.
Personalise your page to tell people your story and why you have chosen to support Group B Strep Support. Talk about the cause you’re raising money for and why. Find out more about promoting your fundraiser here.
Make sure you set a fundraising target. This is a simple way to create momentum and give you and your supporters something to drive towards.
Keep your supporters, friends and family in the know. Regular updates will keep them engaged with how you’re doing and are a great way to show how close you’re getting to your fundraising goal.
Got a question?
We would love to hear from you and answer any question you may have about setting up an online fundraising page for Group B Strep Support. Call the fundraising team on 0330 120 0795 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.