Gift in your will
For many people leaving a gift in their will is a natural way of continuing their support for a cause they have held dear during their lifetime. By leaving a gift to us, you can help to make sure that we can keep informing new and expectant parents about group B Strep, so babies don’t suffer avoidable group B Strep infections.
Every gift is vital so that can continue to be here for families and provide them access to information on group B Strep that is reliable, evidence- based and unbiased. This is so important – because when a Mum knows about group B Strep she can hugely reduce the risk of it infecting her baby. Together we can create a future supporting the families whose babies have been affected and work to eradicate group b Strep infection in babies.
We promise that your gift, whatever the size, will be spent wisely and will make a genuine difference to the families who need our help and support.
Our promise to you:
- We will respect your privacy. Your Will is completely personal to you
- We also realise, that rightly, your family and loved ones will come first
- You can tell us that you have left us a gift if you want to – but you don’t have to
- If you do choose to tell us we will give you the choice about how we communicate with you in the future about our work
- At any time in the future you have the right to change your mind about a gift in your Will
- We will use your gift carefully and cost effectively so that it has the greatest impact
There are several different ways you can give a gift in your Will:
- A share of your estate (known as a residuary gift)
This is the amount left when other gifts, debts and expenses have been paid. This means you can make sure your loved ones are looked after before making a gift to Group B Strep Support
- A fixed sum of money (known as a pecuniary gift)
You may want to keep this updated in line with inflation to ensure it maintains its value.
- A specific item of value (known as a specific gift)
For example: property, jewellery or shares.
- A gift which is paid after someone else’s death (known as a reversionary gift)
A gift to someone else for their lifetime, which passes to Group B Strep Support after their death.
Whatever the value of your gift, it will go a long way to help families who need us.
If you have any questions about leaving a gift to us in your will, please call Jane Plumb on 01444 416176, email [email protected] or write to me at the following address Group B Strep Support, P O Box 203, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH16 1GF.