Thank you for fundraising in aid of Group B Strep Support (GBSS), a registered charity in England and Wales (1112065). – we really appreciate your support. Before you get started, please read our terms and conditions below.
These rules apply to all voluntary fundraising activity by individuals or a group of individuals (except challenge events) and by signing up to fundraise for Group B Strep Support you agree to comply with them.
1. You acknowledge that any fundraising activities you organise (e.g. bake sale, quiz night) are as an independent supporter of GBSS. It’s your responsibility to refer to raising money “in aid of” Group B Strep Support (not ‘on behalf of’).
2. You agree that you will comply with any instructions provided by GBSS relating to your fundraising activity.
3. You agree that it is your responsibility to organise all aspects of any fundraising activity undertaken by you and that you will be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred or arising out of or in connection with your fundraising activity.
4. You will comply with any applicable laws and regulations relating to your fundraising activity, including obtaining any necessary licenses, consents, or permissions e.g., if you are holding a raffle or lottery, or are proposing to sell alcohol.
Use of logo and branding
5. Unless GBSS has provided you with branded materials, you will not use the GBSS or any associated logo without first obtaining permission from GBSS and will allow GBSS to approve any materials produced whether printed or online.
6. You will not do anything that threatens GBSS’s reputation or name. If you do, GBSS has the right to ask you to stop your fundraising activity immediately.
Sponsorship Money and Donations
7. I will do my best to raise money for GBSS, especially if I have a set target.
8. You agree to send all proceeds raised by your fundraising activity to GBSS as soon as possible after completion of your fundraising event (and subject to any timescale agreed in advance), following GBSS’s instructions. You may not deduct any costs or expenses without prior agreement with GBSS.
9. You agree to ensure any cheques relating to your fundraising are made payable to Group B Strep Support and sent to the GBSS Fundraising Team with the event name, your full name, and your address. Please send cheques to PO Box 203, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH16 1GF. Any cash donations can be paid in via our website www.gbss.org.uk/donate or you can contact the fundraising team for details on how to transfer the money via bank transfer.
10. You agree to encourage donors and/or sponsors to make Gift Aid declarations where eligible, which may enable us to recover basic rate tax on such donations. Further information about Gift Aid can be found on our website or via GOV.UK.
11. You will take responsibility for the safekeeping of money raised in aid of Group B Strep Support, both during and after the collections, until it is transferred to GBSS.
12. If you are unable to complete your fundraising event, due to cancellation, injury, or any other reason, you must ask your sponsors if they would like their donations to be refunded or kept by the charity as a donation.
Use of Personal Data and Consent
13. By providing your personal information when you sign up to fundraise for GBSS, you understand that we will contact you via phone, email, and any other legitimate means to communicate relevant information throughout, in the lead-up to and post your participation in any event.
14. Your personal information may also be used to send marketing and fundraising communications to you where you have confirmed that you would like to receive further information about the charity’s work when signing up to fundraise for GBSS.
16. By registering to fundraise in aid of GBSS, you consent to GBSS using photos, videos, and quotes of you from the event day for any legitimate and promotional materials. Please contact us in advance of your activity if you are unhappy with this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
17. If you provide photographs or videos taken during your fundraising activity to GBSS, you agree that these may be used by GBSS for commercial and/or fundraising purposes. By sending these to us, you are also confirming that anyone featuring prominently in the photograph or video is aged 13 or over and that they have consented to their image being used in this way.
18. You accept that any risks arising out of your fundraising activities are your responsibility, and you must take all reasonable precautions to protect the health and safety of all those participating in, involved with, or attending your fundraising activity. GBSS does not have any responsibility for these matters and will not be liable to you, your helpers, or your guests for anything that may occur.
19. You acknowledge and accept that GBSS’s insurance policy will not cover your fundraising activities.
20. If you are under 18, you confirm that you have shown these terms and conditions to your parent/guardian, and they have agreed to accept responsibility for complying with these terms and conditions.