We’re very grateful for any feedback we get from families affected by group B Strep, and from health professionals. We’d love any comments, commendations or criticisms you have to offer. Please email us at email@example.com or call us on 0330 120 0795. We look forward to hearing from you.
Group B Strep Support tries to ensure that it provides a high quality service in all areas of its work, aiming to provide services in a way that is:
- helpful and polite
- efficient and timely
- accurate and appropriate
Sometimes things go wrong. If you have any criticisms, concerns or complaints about any of Group B Strep Support’s services, please let us know so we can put things right and improve our services for the future.
When dealing with your complaint about Group B Strep Support, we will:
- Enable you to make comments, criticisms or complaints as openly and easily as possible – you can complain by telephone, letter, or email.
- Treat all complaints seriously, following an agreed procedure, as part of a commitment to quality services.
- Respond as promptly as possible, aiming to acknowledge all complaints received in writing within 14 days and to tell you then who will be looking into the matter.
- Investigate complaints efficiently and effectively, keeping all parties informed about the process, aiming to investigate any matter and report the outcome to you within 30 working days. Where an issue takes longer to investigate or resolve, you will be kept regularly updated and informed.
- Use your feedback to improve services and minimise any reasons for complaint in the future – you will be told how Group B Strep Support plans to improve our services wherever possible and your complaint will be logged, forming part of an overall review of services each year.
Who should I complain to?
As your first course of action, please raise the problem informally with the person concerned. They will often be able to put things right very quickly and simply.
If you do feel uncomfortable doing this, you can make a more formal complaint to either the person involved or directly to the Complaints Co-ordinator, Jane Grout on 0330 120 0795 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to her at Group B Strep Support, PO Box 203, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH16 1GF. The Complaints Co-ordinator has overall responsibility for ensuring that complaints about services are handled properly, and is supported by senior staff with direct responsibility for those services.
How can I complain?
You should state clearly and briefly:
- What went wrong
- When and where it happened
- Who was involved
- What result you want from your complaint
- Your name, address and contact details (postal address, telephone number and/or email).
Anyone receiving and dealing with a formal complaint will follow an agreed procedure, so however you make your complaint it will be treated seriously and dealt with effectively.
If you are unhappy with how your complaint is being dealt with, you can refer the matter to Jane Plumb, the charity’s Chief Executive or Dr Eddie Morris, the charity’s Chair.