Get those walking boots out, wrap up, stretch the legs and get active in the New Year.
The Winter Walk has been adapted to enable us to operate a ‘Covid-Secure’ model. Choose your distance – you’ll get a few winter ‘goodies’, a medal, some hot food & drink ‘to go’ – and a great event to take on as we head into a more positive year.
This event has plenty of outdoors space and has staggered timings over 2 days, to ensure social distancing measures can be implemented. On Saturday & Sunday there are 2 distance options – Full Marathon & Half Marathon – with both starting & finishing at The Oval Cricket Ground near Vauxhall. The routes take in highlights of the Thames and its historic bridges, and many of the Capital’s major landmarks. In February 2021 there’ll be a Winter Walk for everyone – and it will be one to remember!
- 27 Feb – 28 Feb 2021
- Registration Fee:
- Fundraising Target:
We will be with you every step of the way:
- Dedicated fundraising and training support, including a fundraising pack and regular updates
- Your own GBSS t-shirt or running vest
There’s plenty of support and goodies waiting just for you:
- Join as Individual or Team
- 42km Full Marathon Challenge
- 21km Half Marathon Challenge options
- Rest stops – snacks, drinks, toilets & medics
- Hot food & drink “to go” at the finish
- Winter Walk Medal & certificate for all finishers
- Free bobble hat & neck buff
- Do it at Your pace
- Pre-event training support + App
- Good Tube & Train links
Fundraising options available
1. Charity Sponsorship – you pay a small registration fee, do lots of fundraising and we cover the cost of your event place!
2. Mixed Funding – pay half of the event place cost yourself, fundraise a bit less and we pay the balance of the event place cost.
3. Self Fund – you pay the full cost of the event place – fundraise whatever you want, with no set target or deadline, and there’s no cost at all to the charity!
Got your own place for this event?
Got a question?
We would love to hear from you and answer any question you may have about taking part in the Winter Walk for Group B Strep Support. Call the fundraising team on 0330 120 0795 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.