This June, conquer our 60 miles Facebook challenge and raise money to help save babies’ lives. Whether you complete your 60 miles in a week, or if slow and steady is more your pace, you can walk, run or even cycle your way to the finish line. You have the power to make a real difference and for that we think you are amazing.
In return for your efforts, we’ll send you a free Group B Strep Support t-shirt*.
- 1 Jun – 30 Jun 2022
- Wherever you like
- Registration Fee:
- Fundraising Target:
- You can choose your own target, but we suggest aiming for £150!
How to join the 60 miles challenge
- Join the Facebook group. Then introduce yourself! Get to know the hundreds of people taking on the challenge across the country.
- Follow the instructions in the pinned post to request your free t-shirt (which comes with a printed steps tracker sheet to help you keep track of your progress!)
- Set up your fundraising page. Then share it with your friends and family on your Facebook page to shout about your challenge and aim to raise £150!
Not on Facebook? We’ve got you covered. Head over to our JustGiving to set up your fundraising page.
In the description area, add your story and goals. Your friends and family are more likely to donate if they know why the cause matters to you.
Send an invitation to your friends and family to contribute to your fundraising. Simply head to your fundraiser and look for the invite feature.
Simply copy and paste the link to your fundraiser in your status box, when people click the link, they will be taken directly to your fundraiser.
Don’t be shy, post fundraiser updates multiple times a week. This can include photos, videos and updates about your progress and setbacks.
Ask friends to skip their afternoon latte for a day and donate to your fundraiser instead. Or why not tag friends to take on the challenge with you – the more the merrier!
Start with a fundraising goal you think is achievable. Once you hit your initial goal, use the “Edit Fundraiser” button to set a higher target.
Why should I join #TeamGBSS?
Every day in the UK, two babies will develop a life-threatening group B Strep infection.
Yet most group B Strep infections in babies can be prevented.
We rely on donations to continue to provide support for families, improve awareness of group B Strep and campaign for better prevention in the UK, so by moving 60 miles throughout June you can help save babies’ lives. By joining our 60 Miles in June Facebook group and following the registration steps you’ll receive:
- A free tracker and GBSS T-shirt*.
- Access to our Facebook group where you can share updates with fellow challengers.
- Awesome downloadable fundraising resources.
- Support from our friendly Events Team.
*While stocks last.
“The work GBSS is doing is so important and raising awareness undoubtedly saves lives and will spare other families having to endure what we did or worse.”Zara, Eira’s mum